I announced a few weeks ago that I would answer the questions I received on my Instagram account. I decided to share the answers on my website, too, so that they may also be reached by a web search.
The first question I answered, as I thought it could serve as a basis for this subject, was:
“The dentist that I asked to have my amalgam filling removed said that this was not necessary, the amalgams could expose me to high amounts of mercury only during placing and removal, and it would not cause a health problem once it’s set, and that there is no scientific studies on this subject. Are these true?”
My answer is:
The highest amount of mercury is released from amalgam fillings while it is being placed and is removed, this is correct and it’s the reason why we are against its use as a filling material and we take precautions while removing them. But the mercury in the filling is still being released after it sets. The amount of mercury released from the fillings increases by chewing, brushing, teeth grinding, drinking hot beverages, etc. The photo shows the daily mercury intake from amalgam fillings determined by 17 different studies (the horizontal white lines are the ranges found in these studies). The red lines are reference limits set by the California Environmental Protection Agency and the American Environmental Protection Agency. You can see that the daily mercury intake from amalgams shown by different studies is much higher than these limits. Indeed, according to the World Health Organization, we can’t even talk of a safe minimum daily exposure for mercury!
So as long as you have amalgam fillings in your mouth, you are constantly exposed to mercury. It is estimated that 80% of the mercury vapor taken from the fillings is distributed throughout the body through the lungs, and this mercury accumulates particularly in the brain, kidney, liver, lung and gastrointestinal tract.
There are established associations between mercury and the following diseases
Allergies, Alzheimer’s, ALS, antibiotic resistance, heart diseases, chronic fatigue syndrome, kidney ailments, multiple sclerosis, mouth lesions, Parkinson’s, gum diseases, depression and anxiety, suicidal tendency, reproductive disorders, Autism autoimmune diseases (1).
And it is thought to be associated with more than 250 symptoms such as
Hearing difficulties, forgetfulness, headache, metallic taste, insomnia, coordination disorder, twitching / tremors, excessive shyness, social phobia, and irritability (2).
There are many studies showing improvement in ALS, chronic fatigue syndrome, dermatitis, fibromyalgia, MS, mouth lesions and other health problems after removal of amalgam fillings. I should also mention that in some studies which show improvement in symptoms, the removal was done without taking any precautions. Even in such cases, after a period of aggravation of the symptoms, the patients experienced improvements to their conditions in the long run.
So in my opinion, removing a source of toxicity from your body is more favourable than wasting your precious resources on it.